This is a large and clean vintage poster of Italian cruise liner the SS Michelangelo at the busy Italian Line pier in New York with West Side Highway traffic in the foreground.
On the far side of the pier, the funnel of the Leonardo da Vinci can be seen and beyond that is what appears to be a funnel belonging to Cunard’s Queen Mary.
The poster is taken from an original artwork painted by A. Brenet in 1966 or 1967 and is printed in 4 colours on heavy paper stock. There is a wide white border around the main image to the edge of the paper.
The approximate measurements are:
- Height = 15″ / 38 cm
- Width = 22.5″ / 57 cm
Registered in Genoa, Italy the SS Michelangelo was launched in November 1962 but not completed until April 1965 with her Maiden Voyage being in May 1965.
She was removed from service in July 1975 and sold to Iran in 1977 ultimately being scrapped in 1991.
She could carry 1775 passengers with a crew of 720 and had a sister ship – the SS Raffaello.
This is an original vintage poster that has been kept rolled up so has the natural curve that rolled up paper has – It is clean though is perhaps showing slight ageing as a paper product of this age does – the edges show slight wear – This poster is in good condition but is not mint it was printed probably in the 1960’s.
- Please see the photographs provided to see the cosmetic condition of this item clearly from multiple angles.
- We are always very happy to answer any questions or thoughts you may have, which we will attempt to answer as quickly and fully as possible.
- We will review postage costs for both single & multiple purchases – please request an invoice that calculates postage costs accordingly prior to payment.
- Please get in touch for a tracked and insured delivery quote prior to payment
- Your item will be dispatched to you asap after payment in full has been received
International delivery (Non-UK)
- We offer tracked and insured international courier delivery
- We have successfully shipped our items to 24 countries
- Unfortunately some locations / items are not supported by our courier network making delivery impossible at this time. Please check with us prior to payment