A large and clean vintage poster titled ” Carmania and Franconia – 22,600 tons” The Cunard Line.
The poster itself shows the RMS Carmania – her sister ship looked almost the same – moving through the Atlantic – most likely on the route to and from Canada from the UK.
The approx measurements are:
- Height = 19.5″ x 50 cm
- Width = 28.5″ x 72 cm
These ships had previously been called the RMS Saxonia & RMS Ivernia both owned by Cunard and built originally in 1954 but after a full refit in 1962 they were both renamed to RMS Carmania and RMS respectively Franconia and the exterior paint changed from traditional Cunard black to the green/white seen in this print.
This poster has been kept rolled up so has the natural curve that rolled up paper has – It is clean though is perhaps showing slight ageing as a paper product of this age does – the edges show slight wear – This poster is in good condition but is not Mint and dates back to probably the 1950’s or 1960’s and is marked as “Printed in England” with the code number B.2290 in the bottom right hand corner.
- Please see the photographs provided to see the cosmetic condition of this item clearly from multiple angles.
- We are always very happy to answer any questions or thoughts you may have, which we will attempt to answer as quickly and fully as possible.
- We will review postage costs for both single & multiple purchases – please request an invoice that calculates postage costs accordingly prior to payment.
- Please get in touch for a tracked and insured delivery quote prior to payment
- Your item will be dispatched to you asap after payment in full has been received
International delivery (Non-UK)
- We offer tracked and insured international courier delivery
- We have successfully shipped our items to 24 countries
- Unfortunately some locations / items are not supported by our courier network making delivery impossible at this time. Please check with us prior to payment