A large curved aluminium stencil that reads “MOD” – Ministry of Defence – and features the iconic broad arrow / crow’s foot symbol. There is a slight curve to this stencil so we are guessing that it was used on cylindrical containers or boxes of some description possibly ordnance.
A broad arrow is a stylised representation of a metal arrowhead, comprising a tang and two barbs meeting at a point. It is a symbol used by the British government to mark government property. It became particularly associated with the Board of Ordnance, and later the War Department and the Ministry of Defence.
- Width = 15″ / 38 cm
- Height = 8″ / 20 cm
- Letter height = 2.75″ / 7 cm
- Please see the photographs provided to see the cosmetic condition of this item clearly from multiple angles.
- We are always very happy to answer any questions or thoughts you may have, which we will attempt to answer as quickly and fully as possible.
- We will review postage costs for both single & multiple purchases – please request an invoice that calculates postage costs accordingly prior to payment.
- Please get in touch for a tracked and insured delivery quote prior to payment
- Your item will be dispatched to you asap after payment in full has been received
International delivery (Non-UK)
- We offer tracked and insured international courier delivery
- We have successfully shipped our items to 24 countries
- Unfortunately some locations / items are not supported by our courier network making delivery impossible at this time. Please check with us prior to payment